NEW SPIKE SYSTEM
Stern Pinball Debuts New SPIKETM Pinball System World’s Leading Maker of Arcade-Quality Pinball Games
Announces Next-Generation Pinball System
MELROSE PARK, IL – January 5, 2015 – Stern Pinball, Inc., the world’s oldest and largest producer of arcade-quality pinball machines, announced today that it will debut its newest pinball electronics system, SPIKETM, at the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. SPIKETM is a modern, scalable and modular electronics hardware system engineered for the rigors and complexities of pinball applications.
“The modular nature of the system will allow game designers to embrace new technologies to evolve the game of pinball while also improving earnings, reliability, serviceability and efficiency,” said George Gomez, Executive Vice President of Product Development at Stern Pinball.
The new SPIKETM system is based on distributed processor architecture and an industrial grade network protocol. These technologies reduce product complexity and simplify the manufacturing of the game resulting in a more efficient, reliable and easier-to-service game. The system is designed to facilitate integration of various display technologies such as varying size LCD displays both on the playfield and in the backbox. The scalable nature of the system allows for the integration of Wi-Fi and numerous new game specific features and technologies.
Experienced players will recognize a more engaging overall game experience and quickly appreciate the enhanced illumination effects and higher quality sound.
“SPIKE is the latest step in our ongoing program to leverage technological advancements to improve the game for all segments of our customer base,” said Gary Stern, Chairman and CEO of Stern Pinball. “Commercial customers such as operators and location owners will be particularly well served by SPIKE.”
New SPIKETM system benefits and features include:
• All LED lighting enables enhanced lighting effects, increases reliability and attracts new players. Included is the florescent light replacement by LED’s, which last longer, run cooler and draw less electricity.
- A new modern CPU and expanded memory allow the designers greater freedom to create new compelling game scenarios to attract more players and lengthen their engagement.
- A more powerful high definition digital sound system enhances the game experience.
- New built-in automotive-grade circuit protection for LEDs, switches and solenoids reduces circuit failures from accidental shorts and environmental faults.
- Lower game heat reduces stress on components increasing longevity.
- Low-cost game modules are easy for any technician to replace and costly circuit board repair is eliminated.
- Reduced wiring complexity eases troubleshooting and worn component replacement.
- Improved system diagnostics make the system easy to learn.
- Reduced chances of failure from environmental conditions with robust solenoid, switch and lighting protection circuitry.
- SPIKETM system games use less energy than older models and generate less heat during operation.
- New controllable LED artwork backlighting reduces fade, saves energy and lasts longer.